4th Grade News: 9/30
Happy Friday, Families!
It is hard to believe we are gearing up for the last week of Quarter 1! It will be a great week with our next HOUSE SPIRIT DAY (and Navigator Day) on Tuesday, October 4. Your child can come to school dressed up with house spirit–mainly items that represent their house’s color (optional!):
Our Navigator Day will be led by Sollevare, and focuses on giving to Second Harvest Food Bank. We will be having a food drive at PPE next week. Stay tuned for more information!
Please see below for important reminders and information on the week ahead.
Quarter One will wrap up next Thursday, October 6th! Please make sure you have checked grades in Schoology and/or Infinite Campus to see if there are any missing assignments that need to be completed before that day. Please contact us if you have any questions. Retakes will continue until the 6th!
ELA/Social Studies: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Math/Science: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
What 4th Graders Are Learning Next Week:
ELA (English & Language Arts):
Wit and Wisdom Module 1:
- Essential Question- What does it mean to have a great heart, literally and figuratively?
- Focusing Question- How do the characters in Love That Dog show characteristics of a great heart? (core text: Love That Dog)
- Weekly Language Review: New Skill: Reference Materials (no quiz this week)
- Intermediate Foundational Skills: Beginning of the Year Assessments and spiral review of previously taught skills
- ELA Homework- passed out on Monday, due Thursday
- We will take the MNPS ELA Benchmark Assessment on Monday at 8:30 A.M. (rescheduled from last week). Please make every effort to be at school and to arrive on time.
Studies Weekly 9: “The American Revolution, Part 2” (No test this week. Completed Study Guides will be graded instead). Students will turn in their completed Study Guides on Thursday!
-Unit 3: Extending Operations to Fractions (Focus on Multiplying Fractions by Whole Numbers, Fraction Review)
*Homework sent home Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
-Space Science (Constellations, Planets, and Solar System)
Mystery Science: “What are the Wandering Stars?”
We already look forward to the week ahead with these amazing 4th graders. Have a fantastic weekend!
The Fourth Grade Team- Grace, Kate, Emily, and Jessica