1st Grade News: 5/5
- May 5: Library books due
- May 8: Library late book notices go out.
- May 9: Field Day Rain Date 9:30am-12pm/Parents are welcome to attend.
- May 12: Spring Movie Night and Picnic: 5:30pm
- May 19: Spring Sing 9:00am/Parents are welcome to attend. Students should wear PPE field trip Navigator/Field Trip t-shirts and Khaki bottoms.
- May 25: Last day of school with dismissal at 11:30am.
Field Day Information: Students should wear PPE navigator t-shirts, socks, tennis shoes, and a choice of bottoms. Please consider applying sunscreen and bug spray to your child before school. We are not allowed to apply those items at school nor is your child allowed to bring those items to self-administer at school.
What we are learning:
Science: Air & Weather
Social Studies: Studies Weekly #13 “Independence Day”
TN Foundational Skills/Phonics: Blending, segmenting, tricky words, and decodable texts
Wit & Wisdom:
Focusing Question: “Why do people admire Perrault’s Cinderella?”
Text: Glass Slipper, Gold Sandal: A Worldwide Cinderella, Paul Fleischman: Cinderella, Marcia Brown
Math: Add and Subtract with 20 and story problems
There will be no spelling words for the month of May.