Ask your 2nd Grader:
– What are some ways writers can improve their sentences?
– How did Ruby Bridges respond to injustice as a child? How did Ruby Bridges respond to injustice as an adult?
– How does a pupa protect itself from predators while in the chrysalis? How does a butterfly protect itself from predators?
– What repeated addition sentence would represent an array with 5 rows of 6? What multiplication sentence would represent that same array?
– Why do producers advertise to sell a product?
What 2nd Graders Are Learning Next Week:
ELA (English Language Arts):
Wit and Wisdom Module 3: Civil Rights Heroes
Essential Question: How can people respond to injustice?
– Describe how Ruby Bridges responds to injustice to determine the essential meaning of the text.
– Build knowledge about Ruby Bridges’ response to injustice.
– Ask and answer questions about a new text.
– Narrate an exploded moment.
– Elaborate on narratives by adding details.
– Rearrange sentences to increase sentence variety by beginning them with adjectives or adverbs.
– Rearrange simple and compound sentences to increase sentence variety.
– Use the meaning of known words to predict the meaning of unknown compound words.
Tennessee Foundational Skills:
– Alphabetizing to the second letter
– /o/ sound spelled ‘a’ as in water
– Grammar Review (run-on sentences, complete and incomplete sentences, verb tense, singular and plural nouns, capitalization, punctuation)
– Equal Groups (Foundations of Multiplication and Division)
– Animal Life Cycles and Survival
– Planned Saving (Describe the purpose of a budget.)
Dates to Remember:
– Children’s Theater field trip – May 11th
– Spring Picnic – May 12th
– Spring Sing – May 19th
– Last Day of School (1/2 Day) – May 25th
Permission slips for our final 2nd grade field trip will be sent home in the Friday folders today. Please sign and return the form as soon as possible. We will eat lunch in our classrooms once we return from our field trip, so students will need a lunch from home unless a sack lunch from the cafeteria is requested on the permission slip. Students should wear their field trip t-shirts.