Ask your 2nd Grader:
- Why are topic-specific words important?
- What are some connections you made in The Buffalo Are Back?
- How did the American Indians, the settlers, and the Roosevelt government impact the prairie in the American West?
- What are some spellings you’ve learned for the long u sound? Can you list words with those spellings?
- What is a synonym? What is a synonym for the word tough?
- What do you know about fractions?
- How many halves make a whole? How many thirds make a whole? How many fourths make a whole?
What 2nd Graders Are Learning Next Week:
ELA (English Language Arts):
- Wit and Wisdom Module 2: The American West
- Essential Question: What was life like in the West for early Americans?
- Learning Goals:
- Use Wonder Wheel (question words) to ask and answer questions about Plains Indians.
- With support, identify and explain the purpose of frequently occurring irregular plural nouns.
- Form and use frequently occurring irregular plural nouns.
- Recount the main topic and key details.
- Identify main topic and details and explain how they are used to organize understanding of an informative text.
- Analyze how points support a topic statement about nomadic and non-nomadic Plains.
- Demonstrate how to choose points when writing informative text.
- Tennessee Foundational Skills:
- Review and Assess
Social Studies/Science (We will rotate between science and social studies every two weeks.)
- Social Studies: Landforms
- Our field trip to TPAC is next week on Thursday, November 16th. Please pay your child’s field trip fee if you have not already done so. The link and instructions are below. Students should wear field trip t-shirts and SSA bottoms. If you indicated on the permission slip that a lunch would be sent from home, please remember to send one with your child on Thursday.
To pay for field trips:
- Go to schoolcashonline.com and click “Register.” If you already registered last year, then you would just log in at this point.
- Once registered, you will be able to add your students. Go ahead and add all your PPE students for future field trip payments!
- In order to add a student, the first question is: Type in the School Board name and select one from the list. Ours is “Metro Nashville Public Schools”
- The rest of the questions are just your student’s information!
- Once your students have been added, you will see “Items” listed across the top. When you click, you should see all of your children’s names and what field trips are available for payment.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems!
Dates to Remember:
- Progress Reports Issued: November 14th
- TPAC Field Trip: November 16th
- Thanksgiving Break: November 22nd-24th