Ask your 2nd Grader:
– To alphabetize the following words (prairie, plains, west, famine, buffalo, journey, bison).
– What do you call three equal shares or parts?
– What do you call four equal shares or parts?
– What is supply and demand?
– To explain the similarities and differences between the two versions of the Johnny Appleseed legend.
– To explain the similarities and differences between the two versions of the John Henry legend.
What 2nd Graders Are Learning Next Week:
ELA (English Language Arts):
Wit and Wisdom Module 2: The American West
Essential Question: What was life like in the West for early Americans?
– Collaboratively draft an informative paragraph comparing droughts in The Buffalo Are Back and The Legend of the Bluebonnet.
– Draft an informative paragraph comparing a legendary figure with real-life pioneers.
– Revise an informative paragraph with a focus on points and topic-specific words.
– Complete vocabulary assessment.
Tennessee Foundational Skills:
– schwa sound + /l/ ‘al’ spelling (as in animal), ‘il’ spelling (as in pencil), ‘ul’ spelling (as in awful)
– Syllable Review
– Grammar Review (nouns, adjectives, verbs, capitalization and punctuation, plural nouns, irregular plural nouns)
– Alphabetical order
– Geometry, Time and Money
– Telling Time
– Forces and Interactions
– The Fruits and Vegetables Highway
– How does the U.S. buy and sell things with other countries?
Dates to Remember:
– Field Trip to TPAC: Friday, February 24th
– Read-a-thon: Friday, February 24th – Wednesday, March 8th
– Pajama Day: Friday, March 3rd
– Book Character Dress Up Day: Friday, March 10th
– Half Day of School: Friday, March 10th
– Spring Break: March 13th-17th