Skills for January 17-20:
ELA: Outer Space
Central Text: One Giant Leap
Students build a depth of knowledge, noticing how different authors emphasize different elements of the mission and discovering new details.
- Nouns, adjectives, concrete and abstract nouns
- Clearly state an opinion and provide strong supporting reasons
- Write and revise an opinion essay that includes a clearly stated opinion, supporting reasons, evidence, elaboration, and a concluding statement or section.
- Use coordinating and subordinating conjunctions to execute compound and complex sentences.
- Name the parts as fractions
- Non-unit fractions
- Build fractions from unit fractions
- Fractions on a number line
- The Planets
Social Studies: Indigenous People
- Social Studies Weekly 15: Northeast, Southeast and Plains North American Indians
Have a great weekend!
The 3rd Grade Team