Skills for January 23-27:
ELA: Outer Space
Central Text: One Giant Leap/Moonshot
Students build a depth of knowledge, noticing how different authors emphasize different elements of the mission and discovering new details.
- Explain a point of view that is different or similar from that of John F. Kennedy’s using evidence from the speech “We Choose the Moon.”
- Plan a written response to an opinion prompt. Write and revise an opinion essay that includes a clearly stated opinion, supporting reasons, evidence, elaboration, and a concluding statement or section.
- Identify equivalent fractions.
- Understand two fractions as equivalent if they re the same size and the parts refre to the same whole.
- Use diagrams to generate equivalent fractions.
- Compare fractions with the same denominator.
Climate vs. Weather
Social Studies: Indigenous People
Social Studies Weekly 15: Northeast, Southeast and Plains North American Indians
Have a great weekend!
The 3rd Grade Team